- NOWPAP Regional Activity Centres
- Special Monitoring and Coastal Environment Assessment Regional Activity Centre (CEARAC)
- CEARAC is hosted by the Northwest Pacific Region Environmental Cooperation Centre (NPEC) in Toyama, Japan.
Its main activities are to monitor and assess harmful algal blooms, to develop new monitoring tools using remote
sensing and to assess land-based sources of marine litter.
- Data and Information Network Regional Activity Centre (DINRAC)
- DINRAC is based in the Policy Research Centre for Environment & Economy of the Ministry of Environmental
Protection(MEP) in Beijing, People's Republic of China. The objectives of DINRAC are to develop a
region-wide data and information exchange network, to promote regional cooperation and exchange of information
on the marine and coastal environment in the NOWPAP region and eventually to serve as a NOWPAP Clearinghouse.
- No.1 Yuhuinanlu Chaoyang District, Beijing 100029, People's Republic of China
- Tel : (86) 10-8466-5952
- Fax : (86) 10-8466-5969
- Marine Environmental Emergency Preparedness and Response Regional Activity Centre (MERRAC)
- Established in the Korea Research Institute of Ships & Ocean Engineering (KRISO) in Daejeon,
the Republic of Korea, MERRAC is a joint effort of UNEP and IMO to develop
effective regional cooperative measures in response to marine pollution incidents including oil and
hazardous and noxious substance (HNS) spills. MERRAC is also working on marine-based sources of marine litter.
- P.O. Box 23, Yuseong, Daejeon 305-343, Republic of Korea
- Tel : (82) 42-866-3638
- FAX : (82) 42-866-3630
- Pollution Monitoring Regional Activity Centre (POMRAC)
- Located at the Pacific Geographical Institute (PGI) of the Far East Branch of the Russian Academy of
Sciences in Vladivostok, Russian Federation, POMRAC is responsible for cooperative measures related to
atmospheric deposition of contaminants and river and direct inputs of contaminants into the marine and
coastal environment. -In 2007, POMRAC started a new project on integrated coastal zone and river basin
management and compiled the state of marine environment report.
- 7 Radio Street, Vladivostok 690041, Russian Federation
- Tel : (7) 4232-312833
- Fax : (7) 4232-312833
P.O. Box 23, Yuseong, Daejeon 305-343, Republic of Korea (c/o KRISO) Tel : (+82-42) 866-3638, FAX : (+82-42) 866-3630
copyrightⓒ2009 NOWPAP MERRAC all rights reserved.